"'O LORD, God of my master,' he prayed. 'Give me success and show kindness to my master, Abraham. Help me to accomplish the purpose of my journey.'" Genesis 24:12

Thursday, December 15, 2011

IT WILL BE WORTH IT ALL (November 2011 Prayer letter)

We tent-camped so much with our children that we went through two tents.  We were planning another camping vacation and heading to Arizona the next year.  During our planning sessions I expressed my fear of the possibility of snakes coming into our tent.  We then began the discussion of purchasing a camper so we would be off the ground.  We purchased a tent camper which gave us the feel of tent camping and the security of being off the ground.
Off to Arizona! We camped at many places along the way and while we were camping at one of our last destinations, it happened. We woke up one morning and I saw a snake slither out from underneath our camper. I got my wife's attention and told her, "See, it was worth every penny we spent on this camper."

"I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world." Jn. 16:33


One of these days we will be able to look back at all the trials, difficulties and battles we have gone through  in this life and we will say it has been worth it all when we see the face of our Savior Jesus Christ.

"...be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life."  Rev. 2:10

No comments:

Post a Comment